First, how is Annabelle doing?
MUCH MUCH BETTER!
She's been on gut rest for almost 24 hours now with Pedialyte only since we were not able to stop our gross stools and dehydration while still on formula. Waiting for doctors rounds to see if we go home today or tomorrow. If we go home today, we'll go home on pedialyte only and it will be up to Mommy to restart feeds slowly and figure all that jazz out. Which I'm fine with. Just a bit nervous.
And doctors just rounded. That IS the plan... as long as her labs look good which they just took. Should have results within the hour.
I'm SO excited to go home... but so nervous too! She's still stooling 10 times a day or more... most not staying, um, contained (but MUCH lower in volume) even on pedialyte, so yeah. It's gonna be... interesting. And it is up to yours truly to figure out how to restart her food without hurting her belly, which I am fine with. Just a lot of stress and pressure. I do NOT want to screw it up and end up back in the hospital right back where we started.
I posted the below on Facebook last night, and honestly, it's where my heart is, so wanted to post it again here.
|Skyping with big sisters!!!|
|Mommy is making me take a bath... ON THE FLOOR!!!! She is, um, not pleased.|
|She's still brooding....|
|But Mommy did her hair and her curls are back!!!|
|Night night time in a clean and pretty bed!!!|
Home is a no-go today. Transplant team came in and nixed the idea. Mommy, honestly, is a bit relieved. While I want to go home more than anyone, I want it to be the right time that is the safest for her and gives her the best chance of thriving. With the meds that she is on (and their questionable absortion at the moment) she just needs to stay put a day or two more.