I was perusing Amazon the other day... (not there obsessing over my own sales ranking... I would NEVER do that... *ahem*) and realized just how many books are coming out this year that I REALLY want to read.
I'm a Christian Fiction snob, I'll readily admit.
Specifically, a Christian ROMANCE snob. I'm not big into the whole Nicholas Sparks thing (mostly because I like to cheer or sigh with happy smile on my face at the end of a book... not cry) and I stay away from many of the other secular romance novels because, well, to be blunt, I'd prefer to experience the whole bedroom-scene thing in my OWN bed with my OWN husband... not in a book.
Plus... honestly, I just like them! I'm a fan of Jesus and I like to read books where He is glorified, although I don't love books that preach at me. That's what my pastor is for:-)
(NOTE! Even though I have my own preferences... we're all different and have different sensitivities to books/subject matter, so in ZERO way do I pass judgement. Although, if you're in to the whole 50-shades thing... well, that's a WHOLE other blog post topic!)
But oh-my-goodness. Some of my FAVORITE authors, many of them I count as friends, are releasing new books this year.
Here's a very incomplete list of some of the ones I'm looking forward to (a few may have even already released.)
- Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert
- Novel Groom by Jody Hedlund
- It Happened at the Fair by DeeAnne Gist
- Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer (I'd want to read this just by the title... even if I hadn't read the previous book and LOVED it and have been chomping at the bit to read this sequel!)
- Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck (another one with a super fun title!)
- Shattered by Dani Pettrey (another sequel, I just read the first one, Submerged, and loved it!)
- Catch a Falling Star by Beth Vogt
- Follow the Heart by Kaye Dacus
Okay, so I feel like I'm leaving out like 20 or more books from the list, but these are some of the first that came to mind!
No clue when I'll have time to read them all or even get them all. But I might revisit my list at the end of the year to see how many I got checked of my 'to-read' list!
What about you? What fun books are on you to-read list next or this year? Any favorite authors that you follow that you HAVE to read the moment their book is released?
And it's okay. You can say Nicholas Sparks if you want to. It's your book and you can cry if you want to! (*grin*)