Our goal is to go home today, but I'm not 100% sure that is going to happen. She is still on oxygen. We can wean it off most likely, but when she gets to hurting or coughing, she dips quite low. And there was a period last night that she was staying high 80's so we had to go back up on her oxygen quite a bit.
She also has decided that when she cries, she should hold her breath. She then turns smurf-like and hits her low 80's/high 70's for a moment, then pops right back up. It doesn't last long, but while Mommy LOVED her smurf Annabelle back in her half-heart days... she really wants to take a PINK Annabelle home!
She also threw up her feed last night. A lot. This could be a mixture of anesthesia and the fact that they skipped her Ranididine yesterday morning, but the doctors do NOT like puking after tonsils are out as it increases risk of bleeding. They said they may start her on Zofran to see if that helps her tolerate for now.
Today's Prayer Requests:
- That we can manage Annabelle's pain well
- Handles feeds, and that Mommy can figure out the best "way" to feed her. She's had such issues with GI things in the past and we'd finally gotten into a pattern that works for her, both physically and developmentally. I'm realizing it might take some work/time to get her back to her handling our old "schedule." And friends, this is NOT AN EASY TASK!
- That we can wean OFF oxygen ASAP
- That we can go HOME... (I do NOT want to stay another day... I
really really really really don't, but I don't want to take her home
before she's ready either. *sigh*)
- A prayer or two for a sleep deprived Momma is appreciated too.
|Yeah, I'm cool... saggin' my really big pants... (they really need pink shirts here though... this blue stuff is for boys... and smurfs!)|
|Just out of surgery... the only time she's snuggled with me! However, she was doped up on some pretty MAJOR pain meds...|
|Snuggling with her dolly but still pretty out of it.|
|Dressed and pretty blankets... but NOT PLEASED. This was most all of our day yesterday...|
|Annabelle: I just threw up... don't judge.|
|This made my heart feel good. I cried. One handed... she played with her toy and even "chewed", her favorite thing to do! It was the first glimpse of my Annabelle I had... at 11:30 last night right after she threw up;-)|