Doctors rounded this morning. The concessus is that she isn't tolerating her current heart structure well and needs her Glenn (the 2nd heart surgery) sooner than later.
They do not like to do it before 3 months of age, and usually shoot for 4 months. Annabelle is currently 2 months and 10 days old. However, since she keeps having these episodes, there may not be a choice. They are going to verify with the surgeon that he agrees with this direction, and potentially do a heart cath tomorrow or early next week. At that time, the plan is to schedule her Glenn surgery, which I think they do pretty quickly after the Cath, maybe within the week.
I was really nervous at the thought of doing the Glenn so early in 3 weeks. But now, doing it next week, I'm overwhelmed to be honest. Part of me is scared because it is SO early, but another part of me is hopeful that we'll be able to bring her home sooner. Really, I just want my baby better. If I never hear the word "compression" again, I'll be so very happy.
Also, they are most likely going to keep her on her ventilator now until her surgery, unless they change their minds and postpone it for weeks. Which means no more holding her. THey'll probably let me hold her before surgery like they did last time, but... I would have snuggled a LOT more yesterday if I'd have known! Oh, those coulda-shoulda-woulda's...
Anyway, that is the update for the day. I'll post again when they schedule her heart cath.
OH! On Tuesday, we had my cousin and sister-in-law come and take pictures of Annabelle. SO SO SO happy we did that and didn't put it off longer!!!! They did a WONDERFUL job! Photographing a baby in the hospital with so many wires and tubes is not an easy task!