Before I get to my post, let me first say, I know you all want to know who won Kaye's awesome book, Ransome's Honor!
Drum roll please....
And the winner is..... Carla Gade!!
Congrats! You'll be getting an e-mail from me this morning!
Next, I'd like to say a big huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful daughter!! She's totally getting WAY too old and I don't like it one bit! I've told her time and time again that she's not allowed to grow up on me, but she's such a disobedient child and does it anyway! Totally deserves a few extra birthday spankings for it!
So, please please please join me in wishing my beautiful Karalynn Jean Abri Phillips a VERY happy birthday! (and she's a pretty darn good reader, so she'll read your comments too!)
And for her, I'm posting a special addition of Krista's top ten:
Top Ten ways you know your children are getting too old.
- They ask for a cell phone for their birthday.
- You hear the words, "But mom... all my friends have ____fill in the blank with just about anything ____
- They stomp their feet and demand a facebook page and e-mail address.
- They roll their eyes and walk off and do the opposite of what you just told them to do. (But Karalynn would NEVER EVER do this! *wink*)
- You have very vivid memories of yourself when you were their age, and remember thinking, "Wow, I'm getting older now!"
- They get more phone calls from their friends that you do.
- Similar, their social calendar is booked and they have to pencil you in.
- You turn around and look down at them, but then have to raise your gaze a foot because you under estimated their height.
- They don't think boys are quite so ewwww anymore. (My wonderful, wonderful daughter still has them at the ew status, THANK GOD!!!)
- They give you advice, and it's actually very, very good!