Crud! How did this week sneak up on my so fast, tell me that?
Anyway, the next two days will be FILLED with last minute preparations. Let me give you a brief look at my schedule.
- Monday: Blog in A.M. Work 7:30 - 4:30 (Lunch spent with hubby at Target purchasing last minute needs) Karalynn at g.s. 4:30 - 6, Dinner, maybe an hour to do trip stuff, 8:00 get kids ready for bed, then TRY to do more trip stuff but I REALLY need to go to bed on time
- Tuesday: Work 7:30 - 4:30 (Lunch spent making my toes look pretty... aka pedicure! yeah!) In-laws get in that afternoon, drama club from 7:00-9:00 (takes 20 min to get there and get home on top of that)
- Wednesday: Work 6:00 - 1:00 (no lunch) plane leaves at 3:20!
Um... can you tell that there is NO ROOM ANYWHERE for much of any packing/printing/pullingoutmyhair... Also note that I'll have to get up at a very unGodly time of the morning on Wednesday to get to work on time.
And.... here's my list of TO DO'S:
- Pack: I have a few things in my suitcase but um, yeah, still have a ton to do on this.
- Onesheets: My onesheets are still not printed. Scott and I took a while yesterday afternoon to take pics of me in the back yard to try to get a better "picture" to put on them... but now I have to SELECT the picture and take the time to print them.
- Proposal: Not a half to have, but I like to take one copy of my proposal with me, which means I need to spiffy it up and print it.
- Pitch: I've procrastinated. I have a few things jotted down, but I'm still flipping out over the "pitch". This may happen on the plane.
- Maps: Scott and I are staying over for three days, and I really wanted to print out different maps to the places we wanted to go.
- Prepare for in-laws: My house still needs cleaned (hoping hubby helps me with this one during the day....) and I still need to write out "things they need to know" for while we are gone.
- Sample Chapters: Highly recommend this. At least one of the agents I met with last year wanted to see a "writing" sample. So need to print off first chapter (or first three chapters) of the two books I'm most interested in pitching.
This isn't all inclusive, as I have fifteen thousand other things running through my head.
BUT! My point is, there is LITTLE time and MUCH to do. Those of you who are ready, ugh, I hate you. (not really... but it's your fault if I commit the sin of envy!)
So, at last, my tips for squeezing as much out of a day as possible:
- Make a list, and check it twice. If you spend your time thinking about everything you have to do and trying to remember it... well, you've wasted time. I'm a huge LAST minute list maker. It helps control my wayward mind.
- Use every second. Notice I have "tasks" during my hour lunch breaks. I also figure I can do ONE thing before I leave in the mornings. My Internet time will be much diminished the next few days.
- Delegate! Lacy folded laundry last night. Kids can clean. Hubby can clean and do laundry. Use your resources!
- Deep Breathes. Breath in through your nose, and you through your mouth. Slow, this isn't Lamaze people! Seriously, helps clear your head and makes you think more clearly.
Discussion: How's everyone doing on their prep? Anyone have tips on how to cram too much stuff into too little time? (I'm also saving time by not reading through this for grammar/punctuation/spelling errors. Forgive me if it looks sloppy kay?)