*gulp* It's almost time. One week and a few days left. Is anyone else approaching panic mode?
I AM! I'm not ready. I have things to do and I look at my calendar and don't see enough free moments in which to get them done. My heart beats faster, and beads of sweat pop out of my skin at random. My kids aren't happy, because I'm getting a little snippy at times in my panic to get everything ready. My husband isn't happy, because I order him around and He can't understand why I'm EXCITED to go shopping for socks, toothpaste and underwear. (I don't know why he needs new underwear before we go on a trip... just seems like the thing to do.)
In my rush to get everything in order and be SUPER WONDER KRISTA WOMAN, I am realizing I forgot the biggest, most important, most meaningful part of conference preparation.
I didn't really forget it. I've known all along that I SHOULD be doing it, but with trying to prepare, and the whole thing with my dad, my prayers have just been focused elsewhere lately.
So this week, I am going to try and settle down. Even though I see a laundry list of things that have to be done, my goal is to put time with God as my #1 priority.
A few specifics I'll be praying for (but not limited to these of course!):
- YOU. That you'll put God first as well, and for those going to the conference, prayer for safe travels and stress-less preparations.
- Time. Seriously, I have none. Or very little anyway. And I have a TON TO DO! So, I'll be praying that God help me use my time wisely, that I can prioritize well and not be wasteful.
- My nerves. As much as I try to sound all confident... I'm really far from it. I look in the mirror most every day and have to physically restrain myself from listing all the reasons I should fail at this, all the things that are wrong with me. My nerves get the best of me and cause me to look at the negative. They also give me the WORST stomach ache ever. UGH.
- Pitching. This is the part I'm stressing over the most. Like breathing into a brown paper bag, stressing. HE HE HOOOOOOOO. Bring on the Lamaze breathing!
- GOD'S WILL TO BE DONE. As much as I have a lot of hopes, dreams, and aspirations for this conference, more than ANYTHING I want God's will to prevail. In the words of Jesus, "Not my will, but thy will, be done."
Discussion: What are YOU praying for today?