That TOTALLY stinks. It's humbling to realize that I've spent NINE weeks wasting time dieting. I've given in, done things half-heartedly, and geez that is irritating.
BUT, slightly good news to report! I'm down a pound and a half!
It's a start. AND I feel MUCH better about myself this week. I finally feel like I've started a good reprimand that I can keep up with for a while, so HOPEFULLY over the next few weeks I can start losing a few pounds before conference.
What I changed:
Well, first, I finally got fed up with it. Which I think is the key. I got SUCH good suggestions last week in the comments section, and it really helped spur me on to realize I HAVE to change and put more effort into this.
So hubby and I each made a chart. We've done this before and we both lost a good bit of weight, so why not try it again, I thought.
Each week, I MAKE myself do a certain number of things. These are required, and since I am super competitive, I really try to BEAT my goals just to prove that I can. So instead of "trying to lose weight" I'm trying to do other stuff that will LEAD to losing weight. Does that make sense??
What's on my chart, you ask?
- Calories: 1500 per day MAX - 7 days per week
- Situps: 200 per day (note: these are baby situps using the little situp thingy you see sold at almost every garagesale out there) - 4 days per week
- Stairs: I mentioned before, I work on the 6th floor. Goal is for coworker and I to "do" the stairs 5 times per week at min.
- Squats: 20 per day - 4 days per week
- Exercise: Either Wii Fit or walking - Totally 2 hours per week (or 30 min a day 4 x a week)
So that is my list of five things.
Below shows you were I'm at in the week. (notice I just started Monday, so my pound and a half is only 4 days into it! WOOHOO!)
Discussion: For those of you participating in fat friday, what's your status? Lose anything? Found any new tricks that worked for you?? For those of you not participating, um, OH! How about you share your FAVORITE healthy snack/dessert? This can go for everyone.
I'll start. I make strawberry jello with fat free cool whip. VERY good, low calorie, and it helps satisfy my sweet craving. For icecream, I found no sugar added fugdcyles for only FORTY CALORIES! YUM!